Green Chile Mac 'N Cheese
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 539
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch baking pan)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Combine heavy cream, Mexican cheese, pepper Jack cheese, green chiles, Greek yogurt, flour, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Add the cooked macaroni and stir well. Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheeses are melted, about 20 minutes. Turn on the oven's broiler. Broil until cheese on top is nicely browned, about 5 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- Feel free to substitute Greek yogurt with sour cream.
- I like to add 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded, to make this more of a main dish.
- If you like it spicy, feel free to add more pepper, or even a dash of cayenne. I'm usually cooking for kids so I tend to go mild by default.
Per Serving: 539 calories; 37.7 33.9 16.7 129 749 Full nutrition