Polish Applesauce Cake
3 made it | 0 reviews |
"Use homemade or store-bought apple sauce to make this easy Polish cake. I make applesauce with cinnamon, which then in turn flavors this cake, but if you're using plain applesauce, simply add 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon to the applesauce before spreading over the cake mixture (which is how I have written the recipe)."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 397
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch rimmed baking sheet or baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix flour and baking powder together in a bowl. Sift gradually into butter mixture, mixing well.
- Transfer 6 to 8 heaping tablespoons of the cake batter, about 1 cup, to a separate bowl. Mix in milk gradually until batter is creamy and the consistency of pancake batter.
- Spread thick cake batter into the prepared baking pan and level out with the back of a spoon. Mix applesauce and cinnamon together and spread on top in an even layer. Top with the thin cake batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top of the cake is a deep golden brown, about 50 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar before cutting into squares.
Per Serving: 397 calories; 18 53.4 6.8 119 119 Full nutrition
How can I make my cakes moist?
Why do my cakes fall?
My cakes do not rise evenly – they are tall in the middle, and slope down to the sides. What am I doing wrong?
Ask Your Question