Authentic Italian Rice Pudding
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h servings 394 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Mix milk, rice, 1/2 of the sugar, vanilla extract, and salt together in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Blend remaining sugar with whole eggs and yolks in a bowl to make a creamy custard.
- Reduce heat of the milk mixture. Let simmer, uncovered, until thickened, 30 to 40 minutes. Fold in the custard. Heat until thickened again, about 5 minutes more.
- Beat cream in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Remove the milk and custard mixture from heat. Let cool, about 10 minutes. Fold in the whipped cream. Pour pudding into a serving dish, cover, and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
Per Serving: 394 calories; 19.3 g fat; 45.3 g carbohydrates; 10.2 g protein; 157 mg cholesterol; 177 mg sodium. Full nutrition