Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 767
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add bacon; cook until crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Pull bacon out with tongs and set in a bowl. Add kielbasa to the pot; lightly brown on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove with tongs and place in the bowl with the bacon.
- Saute onions in the pot until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Crumble the bacon and add to the pot. Stir in brown sugar. Add potatoes, sauerkraut, chicken broth, apple, beer, and salt. Mix gently.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 12 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method for 10 minutes according to manufacturer's instructions. Release remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use yellow or russet potatoes.
- If you'd like to substitute liquid smoke for the bacon, melt 3 tablespoons butter in the pot before adding kielbasa. Stir in 3 drops liquid smoke before adding the broth. I suggest adding the drops to a teaspoon to avoid accidental overuse of smoke.
Per Serving: 767 calories; 47.8 56.4 25.5 113 2759 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
12-27-2018 ~Supper was not a big hit in this house tonight. This recipe’s best feature is that there is no messy, greasy stove-top to clean and just one pot. That’s where the positives end for ...
I love sauerkraut but didn't have any on hand. Instead I used the leaves from the large head of cauliflower I had. I washed, then chopped up the leaves and tossed them in the pot. It turned ...
I have been making this for years. I also add a couple of tbs brown sugar and some caraway seed, about a tsp. You can also add pork chops or ribs on top of the sauerkraut before cooking. My f...