Farinata (Italian Flatbread)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 124 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Brush a 9-inch tart pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil and place in the oven to warm up.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add green onion and garlic. Cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix chickpea flour with lukewarm water until smooth. Set aside for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Skim foam from the top of chickpea-water mixture. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix in onion-garlic mixture. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add Gruyere cheese and mix well. Remove tart tin from oven and pour in chickpea mixture.
- Bake it in the preheated oven until crispy, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cut into triangles before serving.
Per Serving: 124 calories; 9.5 g fat; 7.2 g carbohydrates; 2.9 g protein; 6 mg cholesterol; 37 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1