Apple-Bacon Coffee Cake with Brown Butter Streusel
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 550 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch baking pan)
- Brown Butter Streusel: Cook butter in medium saucepan over medium heat until melted. Once melted, stir often until butter begins to brown and smell nutty, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add in pecans, sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Cool and reserve.
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and sugar in large bowl.
- Stir in melted butter, sour cream, milk, eggs, vanilla, and apples until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle bacon on top of batter, followed by streusel.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Per Serving: 550 calories; 29.3 g fat; 66.5 g carbohydrates; 7.7 g protein; 104 mg cholesterol; 389 mg sodium. Full nutrition
How can I make my cakes moist?
Why do my cakes fall?
My cakes do not rise evenly – they are tall in the middle, and slope down to the sides. What am I doing wrong?
Ask Your Question