Veggie Quinoa Bake
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 414
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole)
- Place black beans in a multi-functional pressure cooker. Add enough water to cover by a few inches. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 20 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure using the natural-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 10 minutes. Unlock and remove lid. Drain black beans and rinse out the pot.
- Combine 4 cups water and quinoa in the pressure cooker pot. Close and lock the lid. Select Brown Rice function and set timer for 8 minutes. Allow 5 to 10 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid. Remove pot carefully using oven mitts, fluff quinoa with a fork, and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, red bell pepper, garlic, and cumin; cook and stir until softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir in corn until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1/4 cup cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir black beans, onion mixture, 1 cup Colby Jack cheese, and green salsa into the pot of quinoa. Spread mixture in a large baking dish.
- Dissolve tomato paste in 3/4 cup hot water. Drizzle over the quinoa mixture. Sprinkle remaining Colby Jack cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 25 minutes. Garnish with remaining cilantro and scallions.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Skip steps 1 and 2 and use canned black beans (drained) if preferred. Follow manufacturer's instructions for cooking the quinoa if your pressure cooker doesn't have a Brown Rice setting, or cook it on the stovetop.
- Use tomato sauce instead of the hot water and tomato paste if desired.
Per Serving: 414 calories; 15.8 50.9 19.1 33 384 Full nutrition