Banana-Blueberry Muffins with Greek Yogurt
"With blueberries in season, what better way to prepare them than to combine with a banana muffin base? The use of whole wheat flour and replacing much of the sugar in a traditional banana muffin recipe with natural sources like honey, Greek yogurt, and applesauce results in a moist, dense texture. These banana-blueberry muffins make a light, satisfying breakfast or dessert."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 153
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 muffins)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease the bottom of 12 muffin cups or use paper liners.
- Beat bananas, honey, applesauce, brown sugar, yogurt, milk, oil, molasses, and sugar together in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Gently stir whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt into the batter.
- Roll blueberries and 2 teaspoons flour together in a bowl. Fold floured blueberries into the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in the tin until safe to handle, about 10 minutes. Quickly remove muffins from tin to prevent sticking; let cool.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- If you don't have molasses, you can replace 2 tablespoons of the honey and the molasses with 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Rolling the blueberries in flour prior to adding to the batter prevents them from sinking to the bottom of the muffin cups.
Per Serving: 153 calories; 3.1 30.9 2.8 1 206 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Made as instructed, no changes. Very good muffin. Will certainly make again.