GF Chocolate Chip Greek Yogurt Muffins
made it | 0 reviews |
"Easy and fast. Rich but not too rich, using Greek yogurt. Sweet, but not too sweet. Using coconut sugar is a lower-glycemic alternative to sugar. Or so I've read. Deep-dark and satisfying for the choc-o-holics in all of us. A recipe I have worked over and over to perfect. This being the best thus far. Best when cooled down and chips have firmed again. Depends on your likes."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 328
Original recipe yields 14 servings (14 muffins)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt together in a bowl. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Combine buttermilk, yogurt, oil, eggs, vinegar, and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. Add the flour mixture and mix well. Batter should be thick; scoop into the prepared muffin cups using a tablespoon until about 3/4-full. Sprinkle sliced almonds on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed and centers are still moist and gooey, 17 to 20 minutes. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can also use dark chocolate chips.
- Substitute almond milk or soy milk for the buttermilk, if desired.
- Make sure to use gluten-free vanilla extract.
- Makes about 14 or so depending how full you fill the cups; you may need to use more than 1 muffin tin.
Per Serving: 328 calories; 17.7 43.3 5.7 27 358 Full nutrition