Mexican Sausage Omelet
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This was literally a random concoction I made with what items I had around. My Mexican sausage omelet combines the sweetness of the peppers mixed with the warmth from the seasonings, sausage, and jalapeno to create a nice flavor! Enjoy! Garnish with fresh tomato and green onion. Top with salsa verde, if desired."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 603
Original recipe yields 3 servings (3 omelets)
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, chili powder, and paprika. Cook and stir until sausage is halfway browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Add red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno pepper. Saute until sausage is no longer pink and peppers are slightly softened, about 5 minutes more. Drain and discard grease; transfer sausage mixture to a bowl.
- Whisk 2 eggs with a dash of half-and-half in a bowl. Wipe the same skillet clean; add 1 tablespoon butter and heat over medium-low heat. Add eggs. Cook until edges start to harden, 1 to 2 minutes. Lift the omelet with a spatula as the center rises; tilt the skillet so that uncooked eggs run to the center of the pan.
- Sprinkle cheese over the omelet; top half with 1/3 of the sausage mixture. Flip over to fold and cook until set, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer omelet to a plate.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the remaining eggs, half-and-half, butter, and sausage mixture to complete the remaining 2 omelets.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Queso fresco can be substituted for the mozzarella cheese.
Per Serving: 603 calories; 49.3 6.4 33.3 480 1355 Full nutrition