made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 107 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 large or 48 mini muffins)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 2 muffin tins. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lay bacon strips in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until browned and crisp, about 30 minutes. Reserve grease. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Chop into small pieces.
- Transfer bacon grease to a skillet. Cook onion in the skillet over medium heat until transparent. Drain on paper towels.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl. Add bacon, onion, spinach, Colby Jack cheese, hot pepper sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Scoop mixture into muffin pans using an ice cream scoop, filling cups 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until muffins harden at the edges, about 50 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- You may vary the vegetables or types of meat, or you can leave out any meat to make the muffins vegetarian. Substitute water for the milk if preferred.
- If desired, make mini muffins by using a cookie scoop to scoop batter into mini muffin pans; bake 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 107 calories; 7.8 g fat; 1.9 g carbohydrates; 7.4 g protein; 94 mg cholesterol; 274 mg sodium. Full nutrition