Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 540
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole)
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute spinach until liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes; be careful not to scorch. Blend in sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix eggs, Cheddar cheese, and Swiss cheese together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Unroll phyllo dough and cover with a damp cloth. Place 2 sheets in a 9x13-inch baking pan. Brush top layer with butter using a basting brush. Repeat process 2 more times for a total of 6 sheets of layered phyllo dough.
- Spread the spinach mixture over the dough. Top with 6 more sheets of dough, brushing every second layer with butter.
- Spread 1/2 the sausage evenly over the dough. Add 1/2 the egg and cheese mixture. Repeat layering and buttering 4 more sheets of dough. Top with remaining sausage and remaining egg and cheese mixture. Add the remaining dough; do not butter the very top layer.
- Cut breaklava into even squares using a sharp knife. Butter the top layer and sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top layer is lightly browned and egg mixture is set, 35 to 45 minutes. Re-cut along the pre-cut lines.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use any white cheese of your choice in place of the Swiss cheese.
Per Serving: 540 calories; 43.1 15.4 24.2 237 818 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1