Strawberry Cheesecake Baklava
made it | 0 reviews |
"Two of my favorite things in the world are strawberry cheesecake and baklava, so I found a way to combine them! Since Valentine's Day is right around the corner, I figured this would be a great recipe to share with the world! I garnished with blueberries, because I used all my strawberries in the recipe!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 384 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch pastry)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13x2-inch baking pan.
- Drain strawberries and reserve juice in a bowl. Chop into pieces and add any remaining juice to the bowl.
- Combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, egg yolks, whole egg, vanilla extract, and lemon zest in a bowl. Blend together using an electric mixer on medium speed. Stir in the drained strawberries.
- Place phyllo dough sheets between dampened towels to keep moist.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on the prepared pan. Brush with melted butter. Repeat until 1/2 of the sheets are left.
- Spoon the strawberry-cheese mixture over the top layer of phyllo; spread evenly. Layer the remaining phyllo sheets on top, brushing each with butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 1 hour.
- Combine 1/2 cup reserved strawberry juice, remaining 1/2 cup sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook into a thick syrup, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon hot syrup evenly over the baked baklava. Let cool before cutting into pieces.
- Cook's Notes:
- To thaw strawberries for this recipe: Empty the package into a bowl and sprinkle with some sugar. Stir it up so they're all coated with the sugar. Let thaw at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours. The sugar will help create a juice when the berries thaw.
- The frozen phyllo dough will take 2 hours to thaw as well, so make sure to account for this extra time.
- You can substitute ricotta cheese for the cottage cheese.
Per Serving: 384 calories; 25.8 g fat; 30.4 g carbohydrates; 8.6 g protein; 116 mg cholesterol; 414 mg sodium. Full nutrition