Chef Neal's Strawberry-Rhubarb Sour Cream Pies
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 440 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 9-inch pies)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line 2 pie plates with the pie crusts.
- Stir sour cream and eggs together in a large bowl. Stir in sugar, 4 tablespoons flour, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir in strawberries and rhubarb. Pour filling into the 2 pie crusts. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crust is lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C); continue baking until filling is soft and nicely thickened, about 20 minutes more. Leave oven on.
- Stir brown sugar and 1/2 cup flour together in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle mixture over the pie fillings.
- Return pies to the hot oven. Bake until filling is set, 20 to 25 minutes.
Per Serving: 440 calories; 19.3 g fat; 63.8 g carbohydrates; 4.9 g protein; 71 mg cholesterol; 256 mg sodium. Full nutrition