Best Vegan Homemade Melting Cheese
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients6 h 25 m servings 299
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water; soak for 4 hours, or overnight. Drain.
- Place 1 1/4 cups water in a saucepan over high heat; bring to a boil. Add agar-agar powder and mix well until fully dissolved. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine agar mixture, soy milk, almond flour, vegetable oil, miso, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a blender; blend until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Place mixture in a saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, until it thickens, 7 to 10 minutes. Place in small ramekins, cover with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator until set, about 2 hours. Grate before using.
- Cook's Note:
- This cheese works best if grated, not sliced, and keeps melting after baking, so make sure to let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 299 calories; 23.3 17.1 8.2 0 855 Full nutrition