Cheesy Veggie-Quinoa Bites
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 43
Original recipe yields 32 servings (32 bites)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a mini muffin tin with oil.
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain any excess liquid and let cool briefly.
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Bring water to a boil. Add cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, 2 to 6 minutes.
- Mix cooked quinoa, steamed cauliflower, carrots, Cheddar cheese, eggs, kale, flour, flax seeds, chia seeds, garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Spoon mixture into the muffin cups and press down lightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges are light brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool in pan, about 5 minutes. Remove bites from pan and let cool, about 5 minutes more.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you use a regular muffin pan, the recipe only makes about 12 or14 bites.
- In place of kale, you can use spinach; for cauliflower you can substitute shredded zucchini; and for the shredded Cheddar, try shredded mozzarella.
Per Serving: 43 calories; 2.2 3.9 2.1 15 37 Full nutrition