Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 439 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a heavy casserole dish, layer the following order: lamb, onion, potatoes, eggplants, garlic, tomato paste, tomatoes, red bell pepper, parsley, and dill, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper. Pour a few spoonfuls of water on top. Cover with a lid.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lamb is tender, about 2 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- Mutton or beef can substitute for the lamb, if desired. Also you can use any variety of mixed chopped fresh herbs - parsley, dill, basil, or cilantro are all good options.
- Use about 1/4 cup of any variety of fresh herbs (parsley, dill, basil, coriander).
- This stew also be cooked in a lidded clay pot.
Per Serving: 439 calories; 15.8 g fat; 52.6 g carbohydrates; 26.4 g protein; 73 mg cholesterol; 140 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2