Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 d 2 h 10 m servings 473
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 10-inch torte)
- Place flour, ground almonds, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and cloves on a clean work surface. Add butter and 2 egg yolks; knead quickly to form a smooth dough. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch springform pan with remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Press 2/3 of the dough evenly in the pan so that the entire bottom is covered. Spread red currant jam on top. Divide remaining dough into several pieces and roll into 1/3-inch strands between your fingertips. Arrange the strips over the jam in a neat lattice pattern. Place the last strip along the sides of the pan to form a rim.
- Beat remaining 2 egg yolks and brush over the lattice and rim, taking care not to splash onto the jam.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 45 minutes. Watch carefully towards the end of the baking time to make sure the torte does not turn too dark. Let cool and remove gently from the pan. Store for at least 3 days in a cool place before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also make the dough in a food processor. Just process everything together until the dough holds together as a ball.
Per Serving: 473 calories; 29.2 48 7.6 114 46 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1