Hard Ginger Nut Biscuits
1 made it | 0 reviews |
"This recipe for hard ginger nut biscuits is possibly one of the oldest ones I have in my possession. My English grandma used it many years ago. The cookies are fabulous for dunking. [Recipe originally submitted to Allrecipes.co.uk]"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 60
Original recipe yields 36 servings (36 biscuits)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Grease 2 baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Warm golden syrup in a saucepan over low heat, about 2 minutes. Allow to cool slightly in the saucepan.
- Combine flour, sugar, and ginger in a bowl. Rub in margarine. Mix in baking soda. Stir flour mixture into the golden syrup in the saucepan until dough is well combined.
- Take a small, walnut-sized piece of dough and roll it into a ball; continue with remaining dough. Space biscuits evenly apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until biscuits are slightly cracked on the surface, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
You might also like
Per Serving: 60 calories; 2.6 8.6 0.6 0 144 Full nutrition