Simple British Flapjack
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a simple but tasty flapjack recipe from the UK that is very easy and simple to do for anyone of any skill, even kids. Flapjacks are a simple sheet cake with oats, sugar, golden syrup, butter, and raisins. [Recipe originally submitted to Allrecipes.co.uk]"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 330
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly butter a baking pan.
- Combine butter, sugar, and golden syrup in a saucepan over low heat. Mix until butter has melted and sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat. Add 2 cups oats and raisins. Mix until oats are well coated. Pour mixture into the prepared pan; flatten down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, 10 to 20 minutes. Let flapjack cool.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 15-second intervals, stirring after each interval, 1 to 3 minutes. Pour over the cooled flapjack. Let cool until chocolate is set.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute raisins with sultanas, if preferred.
- Add more golden syrup to the batter if oats are not sufficiently coated.
Per Serving: 330 calories; 18.4 38.5 4.4 35 102 Full nutrition