Dee-licious Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Debbie Wind Bailey
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 372
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- Mix mashed bananas and yogurt together in a bowl.
- Combine butter, white sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl; beat using an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract and stir to combine. Add banana mixture and mix well.
- Stir flour, oat flour, rolled oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Add to the banana-butter mixture and stir just until combined. Don't overmix. Fold chocolate chips and walnuts into the batter. Divide batter between the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover loosely with aluminum foil for 5 minutes. Remove from the pans and allow to cool completely.
- Cook's Notes:
- Instead of butter, I've used a 50/50 combination of oil and applesauce with great results.
- Substitute sour cream for the Greek yogurt, if desired.
- Make your own oat flour by running 1 cup rolled oats through the blender.
- Substitute pecans for the walnuts, if desired.
Per Serving: 372 calories; 18.9 48.1 6.2 48 426 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I made these as muffins and they were delish! I used 2 cups of quick oats and used 3/4 cup of coconut sugar. I also used coconut oil instead of butter. Cooked for 30 min. Super soft and moist.
Needed a banana bread fix and this was perfect! I made it without the chocolate chips, otherwise I made it as written! We loved it, thank you!!!
I decreased the sugar to 1/2 c. white and 1/2 c. brown. Also subbed half white and half whole wheat for the flour. And left out the walnuts. Tasty, moist, delicious!
We loved this bread. It has more ingredients, but comes together nicely and is much more filling/ better for you than the regular kind of banana bread. Dough was nicely firm, not runny and the...