Dee-licious Greek Yogurt Banana Bread
Debbie Wind Bailey
"After trying several recipes for banana bread that had some but not all of the things I wanted in it, I tweaked a few together and came up with this version with Greek yogurt. I made 8 loaves before declaring it a success (and the comments from family and coworkers sealed the deal)."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 372 cals
Original recipe yields 16 servings (2 9x5-inch loaves)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- Mix mashed bananas and yogurt together in a bowl.
- Combine butter, white sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl; beat using an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract and stir to combine. Add banana mixture and mix well.
- Stir flour, oat flour, rolled oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Add to the banana-butter mixture and stir just until combined. Don't overmix. Fold chocolate chips and walnuts into the batter. Divide batter between the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover loosely with aluminum foil for 5 minutes. Remove from the pans and allow to cool completely.
- Cook's Notes:
- Instead of butter, I've used a 50/50 combination of oil and applesauce with great results.
- Substitute sour cream for the Greek yogurt, if desired.
- Make your own oat flour by running 1 cup rolled oats through the blender.
- Substitute pecans for the walnuts, if desired.
Per Serving: 372 calories; 18.9 g fat; 48.1 g carbohydrates; 6.2 g protein; 48 mg cholesterol; 426 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1