Get-Up-and-Go Muffins with Greek Yogurt, Oatmeal, and Blueberries
Ingredients35 m servings 182 cals
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
- Whisk 2 cups flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk Greek yogurt, eggs, applesauce, brown sugar, water, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl.
- Toss blueberries with 1 teaspoon flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
- Fold flour mixture into the Greek yogurt mixture. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- It is really important to not overmix the batter; lumps are okay.
- Use fresh or frozen blueberries or try another berry.
- You can also play around with the flavors of Greek yogurt. Substitute milk for the water if preferred.
Per Serving: 182 calories; 3.6 g fat; 31.2 g carbohydrates; 5.5 g protein; 36 mg cholesterol; 271 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I had to make one change - we don't eat quick-cooking oats so I used old fashioned oats instead. This gave the muffins a nice chewiness. But, I agree with one reviewer that the muffin is pretty ...
Made these muffins yesterday, they are easy and turned out nice, but the flavour was lacking. Likely this is because of the yogurt. If I make this recipe again I will add lemon zest .