Curried Chicken Phyllo Parcels
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 409 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, and garlic; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink, 5 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add curry paste, stirring well. Add coconut cream and mix well. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Stir 1/2 of the cilantro into the curry mixture. Remove skillet from heat and let cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brush each sheet of phyllo dough with melted butter and stack. Cut the phyllo stack into 6 square pieces. Whisk egg and milk in a bowl to make egg wash.
- Spoon some of the curry mixture into the center of 1 square, ensuring you leave a large border. Brush the border with egg wash and fold into a triangle. Pinch the edges securely and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining phyllo and curry mixture. Brush tops of the triangles with egg wash.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Make the cilantro yogurt while the triangles bake. Combine remaining cilantro, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Serve with the triangles.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute heavy cream for the coconut cream, if desired.
- Try chopped fresh mint in lieu of cilantro.
Per Serving: 409 calories; 28.5 g fat; 21.3 g carbohydrates; 19 g protein; 73 mg cholesterol; 324 mg sodium. Full nutrition