Ingredients35 m servings 699
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat a dry saucepan over medium-high heat. Add coriander, caraway, and cumin seeds; toast until smoky, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a mortar and pestle and roughly grind the spices together. Watch Now
- Rub spices over both sides of the lamb; pat down to make a crust. Season with salt and pepper. Watch Now
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in an oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb, fat-side down. Cook, flipping halfway, until both sides are browned, about 5 minutes. Immediately transfer the skillet to the oven. Watch Now
- Roast lamb in the preheated oven until no longer red in the center, about 8 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 130 degrees F (54 degrees C). Remove from oven and let rest, about 5 minutes. Watch Now
- Combine mint, cilantro, lime juice, agave nectar, vinegar, and garlic in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Process until finely chopped. Slowly drizzle in 1/2 cup olive oil while blending to make the sauce. Watch Now
- Slice the rack of lamb. Spoon the mint and coriander sauce over each serving. Watch Now
- Cook's Note:
- Honey can be substituted for the agave, if desired.
Per Serving: 699 calories; 63 11.1 23.5 98 164 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Definitely reduce the cayenne pepper. Probably won't make again just because lamb doesn't need such aggressive seasoning, IMO. The sauce pairs excellently, however.
Followed instructions from Cook's Illustrated for meat preparation. Make sure to remove extra fat and silver skin. Sear in a skillet with olive oil until crispy (about 2 minutes a side) after ap...