Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 346 cals
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 cupcakes)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease 18 muffin cups or line with paper liners.
- Combine 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour, 1/2 cup butter, sugar, eggs, and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder in a bowl. Beat with an electric blender until batter is evenly blended.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool in the tins for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make the buttercream. Beat 3/4 cup butter in a bowl with an electric blender until light and fluffy. Add 1 1/2 cups cocoa powder and confectioners' sugar alternately with 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk. Add vanilla extract. Beat frosting until it has a spreading consistency, adding more confectioners' sugar or milk as needed.
- Transfer chocolate buttercream to a piping bag with a star tip and pipe a round nest onto each cupcake. Sprinkle nest with chocolate sprinkles and place 3 mini chocolate eggs into each nest.
- Cook's Note:
- In a pinch, you can start with store-bought chocolate cupcakes and just concentrate on the fun of decorating!
Per Serving: 346 calories; 15.8 g fat; 52.3 g carbohydrates; 3.6 g protein; 55 mg cholesterol; 116 mg sodium. Full nutrition
How can I make my cakes moist?
Why do my cakes fall?
My cakes do not rise evenly – they are tall in the middle, and slope down to the sides. What am I doing wrong?
Ask Your Question