Almost Fat-Free British Tea Loaf
made it | 0 reviews |
"Delish guilt-free(ish) fruit loaf. No oil, no butter - just a bit of egg, making for almost no fat per serving. Nicely sliced and spread with - dare I say it? Butter! [Originally submitted to Allrecipes.co.uk]"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 322 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 loaf pan)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Oil a loaf pan.
- Combine raisins and tea in a bowl. Steep for about 30 minutes.
- Mix flour, sugar, and allspice together in a second bowl. Add the raisin-tea mixture and egg. Gently combine using a rubber spatula; do not overmix. Scoop mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cook's Note:
- If you don't have a scale, here are the ingredients in cups: 1 2/3 cups raisins, 1 1/4 cups tea, 2 3/4 cups self-rising flour, and 1/2 cup sugar.
Per Serving: 322 calories; 1.8 g fat; 73.2 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 547 mg sodium. Full nutrition