Authentic Turkish Doner Kebab
made it | 0 reviews |
"A very popular take-out especially after a night out at the pub. This favorite is so, so tasty--I'm sure once you try it, you'll certainly want to make more! Serve with warmed (lightly toasted) pita bread, chili sauce, and a salad of shredded cabbage, carrot, onion, and sliced cucumber. Also great to add as a topping for pizzas. Great to make in advance, slice and freeze."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 283 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 lamb loaf)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine flour, oregano, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Add ground lamb and thoroughly knead with the flour mixture until thoroughly mixed together, about 3 minutes.
- Shape the seasoned ground lamb and place into a loaf pan; set on top of a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven, turning the loaf halfway to ensure even browning, about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Wrap loaf in aluminum foil and let rest, about 10 minutes. Slice as thinly as possible to make the doner kebab pieces.
Per Serving: 283 calories; 19.3 g fat; 1.5 g carbohydrates; 24.4 g protein; 95 mg cholesterol; 370 mg sodium. Full nutrition