Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 501 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, and beef. Cook and stir until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add stock, peas, carrots, tomato paste, parsley, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- While beef mixture is cooking, place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. Add Cheddar cheese and butter to the pot and mash together with the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spoon beef mixture into a baking dish. Top with potato-cheese mash.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- This cottage pie freezes well; assemble the pie and freeze before baking. Once you're ready to bake, simply throw it in the oven straight from the freezer.
Per Serving: 501 calories; 29.4 g fat; 41.3 g carbohydrates; 19.1 g protein; 78 mg cholesterol; 306 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1