Rose Pavlova Cakes
13 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 81
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 pavlova cakes)
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine egg whites and rose petal powder in the bowl of a stand mixer; beat until soft peaks form. Start beating in 1/2 cup sugar gradually. Increase speed to high and beat until stiff and glossy peaks form. Mix in vanilla extract and rose extract. Fold cornstarch very gently into the meringue using a spatula.
- Spoon meringue into a piping bag fitted with a fine round tip. Pipe into 18 individual rounds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges appear dry, 1 hour 15 minutes. Turn off oven and leave pavlovas inside the oven for another 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese in a bowl for 30 seconds. Add heavy cream and 2 tablespoons sugar; beat until fluffy. Spoon whipped cream into another piping bag.
- Pipe whipped cream over cooled pavlovas. Decorate with dried rose petals.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar for the cornstarch, if preferred.
- To make rose petal powder, grind 1 to 2 tablespoons dried rose petals in a grinder. Now you can use this powder in any recipe you want.
- Add food coloring to the whipped cream if desired.
Per Serving: 81 calories; 5.3 7.6 1 19 18 Full nutrition