Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Tots
"This recipe would be perfect for those of you who love to munch on snacks during the day, but don't want to add up the excessive amount of carbs. These tots are not only low-carb and tasty, they are also super easy to make! You can carry these cheesy tots to work or while you travel. These tasty tots are packed with fiber and nutrients, they will keep you full and energized for hours. This way, you no longer have a reason to reach for a bag of potato chips!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 72 cals
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli; boil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Place 1/2 the broccoli into a food processor or blender. Pulse until broken down into smaller, finer pieces. Transfer to a clean cheesecloth over a large bowl. Repeat with remaining broccoli. Twist the cheesecloth to squeeze out the liquid. Transfer broccoli to a mixing bowl.
- Chop cauliflower into small pieces in the food processor. Transfer to a clean cheesecloth over the large bowl. Twist and squeeze out excess moisture. Transfer cauliflower to the mixing bowl.
- Mix shredded Mexican cheese blend with the vegetables in the mixing bowl. Stir in coconut flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add eggs; mix well. Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the mixture onto a flat work surface and roll into a 'tot' about 1 inch tall and 3/4 inch wide. Repeat shaping the remaining mixture and place tots on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven, turning the pan as needed, until tots are evenly golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Before baking, you may spray the tots with olive oil.
Per Serving: 72 calories; 4.4 g fat; 4.6 g carbohydrates; 4.4 g protein; 38 mg cholesterol; 156 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1