Easy Lemon Curd Pound Cake
made it | 0 reviews |
"This lemon curd cake is very moist and easy to make. I also sometimes bake them in muffin tins to make it easy for a packed lunch or picnic. Keeps well for a few days if wrapped in grease-proof paper and aluminum foil."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 210 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 loaf)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and lemon curd in a bowl or food processor. Mix well. Place into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, 60 to 90 minutes.
- Blend lemon juice, white sugar, and lemon zest together in a bowl while cake is baking.
- Let cake cool in the pan, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour the lemon-sugar topping over the warm cake to let soak. Allow to cool, about 30 minutes. Turn cake out of the pan.
- Cook's Notes:
- Feel free to substitute margarine for butter, if desired.
- This recipe can be used to make cupcakes as well (makes about 16 to 18 cupcakes). Reduce baking time for cupcakes to about 45 minutes.
Per Serving: 210 calories; 10.5 g fat; 27 g carbohydrates; 2.8 g protein; 64 mg cholesterol; 196 mg sodium. Full nutrition