Ingredients45 m servings 115 cals
- Place spaghetti squash in a covered dish and add 1/4 inch of water. Microwave for 10 to 12 minutes. Scrape insides of squash with a fork and transfer to a small bowl.
- Heat margarine in a medium skillet over medium heat while spaghetti squash is cooking and cook onion, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until the onion is browned, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix spaghetti squash, onion mixture, sour cream, and 1/2 of the Cheddar cheese together. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and top with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Turn on broiler for the last 2 to 3 minutes and broil until gratin is golden brown on top.
- Cook's Note:
- This is a great way to encourage your kids to eat more vegetables, although you may want to use a touch less red pepper flakes when preparing for them to lessen the spicy heat as it does have a bit of a kick to it.
Per Serving: 115 calories; 4.8 g fat; 10.5 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 10 mg cholesterol; 265 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
Yum! I followed the recipe exactly and it was delicious! I normally roast spaghetti squash in the oven but I used the microwave and it worked great. A nice change of pace!
Made this as written and will make it again. This is excellent and will certainly lend itself to creativity.
My company didn't like onions so I replaced it with fresh garlic. Really good, creamy and tasty.
My husband & I really liked this. I made it exactly as recipe is written except I punctured squash a few times before microwaving. BUT, to the review that suggested it was a good way to sneak...
I made it exactly as recipe stated......delicious. Husband loved it!!!! Will make again.