Tasty Hand-Held Chicken Pot Pie Pockets
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 10 m servings 132
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 hand pies)
- Place chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cover and cook, stirring halfway, until no longer pink in the center, 6 to 12 minutes.
- Pour half the chicken broth into the skillet with the chicken. Add frozen vegetables, dehydrated onion, granulated garlic, minced garlic, gravy mix, and salt. Stir and cover; reduce heat to medium and cook until flavors meld, about 8 minutes. Add instant potatoes and stir until incorporated. Add remaining chicken broth and stir. Cover and reduce heat to low; cook until thickened to your liking, about 8 minutes more.
- Remove skillet from heat and allow to cool, about 30 minutes. Pour into a container, cover, and refrigerate filling, 2 hours to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Open and unroll dough into one continuous sheet. Place on a prepared baking sheet. Pinch all seams together, sealing them. Stretch the dough to twice its size using a small rolling pin. Score the sheet into 8 squares using a knife. Repeat with the remaining dough on the other baking sheet.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of filling into the center of a dough square. Pull the side up and over the mixture. Seal the edge carefully with your fingers and then using a fork. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven, watching carefully until just starting to brown, about 13 minutes. Brush pies with beaten egg and cook until dried, about 2 minutes more. Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.
- Cook's Note:
- You can try using phyllo dough in place of the refrigerated biscuit dough; the pies will have less fat, but they will be harder to make. Follow directions on the box carefully.
Per Serving: 132 calories; 1.9 22.4 7.3 17 477 Full nutrition