Vegan Butternut Squash Soup
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 248 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 pot)
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook and stir until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, cumin, cloves, coriander, paprika, and chile flakes. Add butternut squash, yam, carrots, and celery. Add enough water to just cover.
- Increase heat and bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until all vegetables are fork-tender, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Fill a blender halfway with soup. Cover and hold lid down with a potholder; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Pour back into the saucepan. Repeat with remaining soup. Add maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use lemon juice instead of the apple cider vinegar if you like.
- I garnished with celery leaves, pepper flakes, and olive oil, but you can use whatever you have in your pantry. Yogurt, herb oils, toasted nuts, parsley, or julienned apple would be nice garnishes as well.
Per Serving: 248 calories; 5.1 g fat; 50.8 g carbohydrates; 3.7 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 620 mg sodium. Full nutrition