Pineapple Baked Rice (Main Course for Chinese New Year)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Pineapple baked rice uses a pineapple skin as a bowl, stuffing it with fried rice. After you bake it for 15 minutes, the pineapple flavor will go into the rice and your whole house will be filled with pineapple aroma! This is great for kids. It has vegetables and a light, sweet taste . You may add cheese on top of the rice if you like. I personally don't like to add cheese, I want to keep the dish simple and original. I serve it as a main course for Chinese New Year."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 595
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Rinse jasmine rice and place in a rice cooker with water. Cook rice according to manufacturer's instructions, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
- Cut pineapple in half lengthwise. Cut out flesh, leaving a thin layer on the skin. Chop 1/2 cup of the flesh; place in a bowl. Reserve remaining flesh for another use. Place pineapple 'bowls' on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour in beaten eggs; cook until set, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cut into small pieces. Use a paddle to fluff the cooked rice.
- Cook and stir Chinese sausage in a separate, dry skillet until fat renders, about 5 minutes. Transfer sausage to a bowl, reserving fat in the skillet.
- Stir remaining 2 tablespoons oil into the skillet used to cook the sausage. Heat it until you can feel the heat above the skillet. Stir in carrot for 1 minute. Add onion, peas, and corn; stir-fry until onion softens, 3 to 5 minutes. Add 1/2 of the rice; stir well to combine. Mix in remaining rice. Add egg pieces and sausage slices. Mix in pineapple cubes evenly.
- Transfer fried rice to the pineapple bowls. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 15 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If the pineapple is small, cut 1/4 of it for the lid and use the other 3/4 for the bowl. Use the lid to cover the fried rice in step 8 instead of aluminum foil.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of pineapple. The actual amount of pineapple consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 595 calories; 22.8 89.6 13.6 93 261 Full nutrition