made it | 0 reviews |
"The recipe of this Filipino pancit sotanghon was made from leftovers of boiled chicken and vegetables. [Originally submitted to Allrecipes.asia]"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 331 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Soak mushrooms in a bowl of water.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook until browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer garlic to a bowl. Saute onion and achiote powder until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chicken, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Stir in bouillon cube until dissolved. Add 1 cup water; bring to a boil.
- Soak vermicelli in a bowl of hot water, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain. Cut noodles to a desired length.
- Drain mushrooms. Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Toss cabbage, bok choy, and carrot into the boiling water in the pan. Add the vermicelli, mushrooms, pepper, and chili powder. Cook, mixing well, until pancit is slightly dried, about 5 minutes. Arrange pancit on a platter. Garnish with the browned garlic and sliced eggs.
- Cook's Note:
- Chicken broth can be substituted for the water if desired.
Per Serving: 331 calories; 7.3 g fat; 51 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 101 mg cholesterol; 429 mg sodium. Full nutrition