Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 387 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 flan)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thickened and light brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Spread caramel evenly over the inside of a flan mold, tilting the mold to make sure the whole surface is covered.
- Combine evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Stir lightly to prevent bubbles or foam from forming. Strain batter slowly into the caramel-lined flan mold. Cover with aluminum foil. Place mold onto a baking pan filled with water.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm, about 1 hour. Let cool, about 30 minutes. Invert carefully onto a platter.
- Cook's Note:
- The more caramel you pour into the mold, the sweeter the leche flan.
Per Serving: 387 calories; 14 g fat; 55.4 g carbohydrates; 10.6 g protein; 336 mg cholesterol; 119 mg sodium. Full nutrition