Jalapeno Bacon Cheese Egg Rolls
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 403
Original recipe yields 10 servings (21 egg rolls)
- Combine mozzarella cheese, Shamrock Farms Cottage Cheese, jalapenos, bacon, and garlic powder in a bowl and mix well.
- Place 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture in the middle of an egg roll wrapper. Pull the bottom 1/4 up over the filling, fold in the sides, and roll up. Wet the inside seam in order to make it stick. Repeat with remaining cheese mixture and egg roll wrappers.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C) in a large pot. You want enough oil to cover at least 3/4 of an egg roll when one is dropped in. Once the oil is hot, add in egg rolls 2 or 3 at a time, turning constantly so they brown evenly. Fry until deep golden brown and pull them as soon as they start to change to a louder frying sound, meaning the oil has reached the cheese. Serve hot.
- Cook's Notes:
- Green chiles can be substituted for the jalapenos, if desired.
- To reheat, place egg rolls on a baking sheet in the oven for 6 minutes at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) until re-crisped and cheese is melty.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 403 calories; 27.7 11.8 25.3 68 1377 Full nutrition