Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 182
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 bites)
- Preheat frying oil to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) in a heavy-bottomed pot or fryer.
- Combine shredded Jack cheese, green chiles, crabmeat, piquillo pepper, scallions, Shamrock Farms Zesty Jalapeno Sour Cream, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix until fully combined.
- Unroll phyllo dough and cut into 4 sections, then place under a kitchen towel when not being used.
- Take 3 to 4 sheets from one of the sections of phyllo and place on a clean work surface. Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of filling in the lower center of the phyllo then fold it up over once to cover the filling. Brush water around the edges. Fold in the right and left edges toward the center to create an envelope, then fold it up toward the top to complete the 'package' and seal with a dab of water on the outside edge. Repeat with remaining phyllo and filling.
- Drop phyllo packets gently into the oil, 1 or 2 at a time, and fry for 45 seconds. Flip and fry another 45 to 90 seconds until fully browned and crisped. Place on a paper towel on a baking sheet in the oven at 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) to keep warm while the rest are fried. Serve hot.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 182 calories; 10.1 14.9 8 30 451 Full nutrition