Grilled Cheese Shooters
"My favorite fall/winter cold weather snack. Great with the family or friends over to watch the game or enjoy that book club review. Easy and quick fix that will always please. Forgive me for saying... Who doesn't love a great grilled cheese sandwich topped with tomato soup? Garnish with a dollop of our cream and chive sprigs."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 109
Original recipe yields 18 servings (18 shooters)
- Pour 1 can tomato bisque into a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and cook in the microwave until hot, 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining bisque.
- Butter 1 side of each slice of bread. Place 2 slices of Cheddar cheese on the unbuttered sides of 2 slices. Top with the other 2 slices, buttered-side up, to make the sandwiches.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sandwiches. Heat until toasted and golden on 1 side, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and toast the other side, about 2 minutes more. Cut off crusts, if desired. Slice sandwiches into 1 1/2-inch squares, 18 squares in total. Thread a toothpick through each square.
- Pour heated soup into heat-proof shot glasses and top with the grilled cheese squares.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The directions for heating the bisque are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the can if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 109 calories; 4.6 14 3.3 12 559 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1