Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 530
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 slices)
- Melt butter in a saucepan oven low heat. Add flour and whisk for 2 to 3 minutes, being careful not to brown the flour. Whisk in Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, and pepper until very smooth. Whisk in beer. Pour in heavy cream and whisk until smooth. Add Cheddar cheese gradually, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Remove cheese sauce from the heat and let cool, about 5 minutes. Whisk in egg yolks.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Toast bread slices on 1 side. Arrange on a baking sheet with the untoasted side facing up. Spoon cheese sauce over the untoasted side.
- Place under the preheated broil until bubbling and golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Use English muffins instead of bread slices if preferred.
Per Serving: 530 calories; 41.3 19.4 18.9 231 723 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1