Tropical Apple Carrot Slaw
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients31 m servings 144 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 cups)
- Place raisins in a small microwave-safe bowl and cover with water. Microwave until raisins appear plump, 30 to 60 seconds. Let cool slightly; drain.
- Toss apple in orange juice to prevent oxidation in a large bowl. Stir in raisins, orange, celery, carrot, pineapple, walnuts, and coconut.
- Warm honey in the microwave for about 10 seconds; mix into the Greek yogurt. Pour yogurt mixture over salad and mix well.
- Cook's Notes:
- I use a mandoline to shred or julienne the fresh ingredients.
- Canned pineapple is okay, but frozen is better if you can't get fresh.
- Substitute orange marmalade, pineapple preserves, or apricot preserves for the honey, if desired.
Per Serving: 144 calories; 7.1 g fat; 20.4 g carbohydrates; 2.6 g protein; 3 mg cholesterol; 30 mg sodium. Full nutrition