Vegan Tofu Napoleon
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 352
Original recipe yields 3 servings (3 Napoleons)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Pat tofu slices dry with a paper towel and lay on the prepared baking sheet. Lay carrots next to tofu and add onion. Sprinkle salt and pepper over tofu. Drizzle maple syrup over carrots.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Drain 1/2 the liquid from the chickpeas. Mash chickpeas in a large bowl with the remaining liquid, lemon juice, sea salt, and cumin to make the filling.
- Turn over the baked tofu, carrots, and onion. Add zucchini and tomatoes. Continue baking until vegetables are tender but not mushy, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Arrange 1/3 the tofu on a serving plate. Top with some zucchini and a spoonful of chickpea filling. Add carrots and onion. Repeat layers, finishing with tofu on top. Sprinkle basil on top. Repeat with remaining tofu, vegetables, filling, and basil.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- For a drizzle topping, reduce some balsamic vinegar in a saucepan by simmering for about 5 minutes until thickened slightly.
Per Serving: 352 calories; 12.8 46.4 18.8 0 574 Full nutrition