Vegan Tofu Napoleon
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 352 cals
Original recipe yields 3 servings (3 Napoleons)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Pat tofu slices dry with a paper towel and lay on the prepared baking sheet. Lay carrots next to tofu and add onion. Sprinkle salt and pepper over tofu. Drizzle maple syrup over carrots.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Drain 1/2 the liquid from the chickpeas. Mash chickpeas in a large bowl with the remaining liquid, lemon juice, sea salt, and cumin to make the filling.
- Turn over the baked tofu, carrots, and onion. Add zucchini and tomatoes. Continue baking until vegetables are tender but not mushy, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- Arrange 1/3 the tofu on a serving plate. Top with some zucchini and a spoonful of chickpea filling. Add carrots and onion. Repeat layers, finishing with tofu on top. Sprinkle basil on top. Repeat with remaining tofu, vegetables, filling, and basil.
- Cook's Note:
- For a drizzle topping, reduce some balsamic vinegar in a saucepan by simmering for about 5 minutes until thickened slightly.
Per Serving: 352 calories; 12.8 g fat; 46.4 g carbohydrates; 18.8 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 574 mg sodium. Full nutrition