Vegan Tofu Fajitas
made it | 0 reviews |
"I guarantee you will not miss the chicken or cheese when you eat these vegan tofu fajitas. Serve with Spanish rice and beans for a delicious meal. I got this recipe from Whole Foods Market and made a few modifications. The key to this recipe is the marinating, so be sure to let the tofu and vegetables marinate for at least 20 to 30 minutes."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 313 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Dry tofu by pressing firmly with paper towels. Cut into strips and place in a wide dish.
- Mix lime juice, cumin, liquid amino acid, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl. Pour 1/2 of the mixture over the tofu; toss gently. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator, 20 minutes to overnight.
- Combine remaining lime juice mixture, red onion, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and jalapeno in a large bowl. Toss well. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator, 20 minutes to overnight.
- Spray a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place over high heat. Cook and stir tofu until browned on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Spray the skillet with cooking spray again and place back over high heat. Add onion-pepper mixture; cook and stir until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Return tofu to the skillet.
- Warm tortillas and top with tofu mixture, avocado, tomato, and cilantro.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute corn tortillas for the whole wheat tortillas if desired.
Per Serving: 313 calories; 15.1 g fat; 39.9 g carbohydrates; 17.7 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 411 mg sodium. Full nutrition