"Firm tofu breaded with nutritional yeast then pan-fried until golden brown. Creates a crispy breading. Great with hash browns and toast for a weekend breakfast, lunch, whatever! My daughter likes to dip this in ketchup. Excellent in a sandwich. For a low-fat version you can also bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) on a nonstick baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 248 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Slice tofu into 1/4-inch slabs.
- Place nutritional yeast on a plate. Mix in garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Roll tofu slices in the nutritional yeast mixture until evenly coated.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over low to medium heat. Add tofu slices; cook until golden brown and crispy, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Cook's Note:
- It's important to use firm, not extra-firm tofu, or else it will be too dry.
Per Serving: 248 calories; 15.4 g fat; 8.8 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 59 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1