French Toast Pan-Fried Tofu (Gluten Free)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 200
Original recipe yields 4 servings (12 ounces of tofu)
- Slice tofu into 1/8-inch-thick slices, laying pieces on a paper towel as you go. Season each side lightly with salt.
- Place cornmeal in a shallow bowl; add a pinch of salt and cinnamon and stir.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Dip each side of the tofu slices in the cornmeal mixture; gently tap off excess. Place tofu in the hot saucepan and cook until golden brown and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I've tried melting some butter with the olive oil for frying the tofu pieces, and this works well and adds additional flavor.
- Salting the tofu is really key to the flavor, otherwise it is very bland.
Per Serving: 200 calories; 12 15.6 9.6 0 47 Full nutrition