Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 268
Original recipe yields 2 servings
- Cut tofu into squares. Place on a microwave-safe plate and cover with paper towel. Microwave until moisture is evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover tofu squares generously with potato starch. Fry in the hot oil until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Place in a bowl.
- Mix water and 2 teaspoons potato starch together in a bowl to make the thickening agent.
- Combine sake, soy sauce, mirin, and fish stock in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and add carrots and mushrooms. Cook and stir until carrots are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the thickening agent. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened and flavors combine, about 2 minutes more.
- Pour sauce over the tofu. Top with Welsh onion and ginger.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute chopped green onions for the Welsh onions, if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 268 calories; 10.2 25.8 13.2 0 1708 Full nutrition