Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 140 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Cut each tofu slice into thirds, widthwise. Press each slice between paper towels to drain as much liquid as possible. Place on a plate and freeze, about 1 hour.
- Place bread in a food processor. Add Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil, and marjoram. Blend to make fine bread crumbs. Pour into a small bowl.
- Beat egg in a bowl. Dip tofu slices into egg and coat in bread crumbs. Place breaded tofu on a plate. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place 1/3 of the tofu into the pan. Cook, turning over halfway, until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining tofu.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use regular Italian-seasoned bread crumbs if you wish.
- You can make this in the deep-fryer as well.
Per Serving: 140 calories; 9.7 g fat; 5.8 g carbohydrates; 8.9 g protein; 33 mg cholesterol; 125 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I just made these tonight for my vegetarian daughter. I did use storebought Italian breadcrumbs instead of making them myself, but the cooking technique is great. The tofu had great texture a...