Vegetarian Tofu Lettuce Wraps
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 208
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Slice tofu into 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick slices. Lay them on a clean towel covered with 2 layers of paper towels. Place a baking sheet on top and place a heavy weight on the baking sheet. Let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove lettuce core and soak, bottom down, in a bowl of cold water, about 1 hour. Remove from water and allow to drain. Remove the leaves carefully, working from the outside in. Use scissors to cut leaves into more shapely "bowls," if you like.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix soy sauce, vinegar, peanut butter, honey, water, and chile-garlic sauce together in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave until warmed, 20 to 30 seconds. Stir peanut sauce until smooth.
- Dip tofu slices in peanut sauce and place on the prepared baking sheet. Reserve remaining sauce. Spray tofu with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven until dry, 45 to 60 minutes, flipping once or twice. Cool until safe to handle and chop into cubes.
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat. Add onion and cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes more. Add garlic and ginger; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add tofu cubes and reserved sauce. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes more. Add water chestnuts and green onions. Remove from heat.
- Spoon hot tofu mixture into lettuce leaves.
- Cook's Note:
- I use Trader Joe's Organic Sprouted Tofu®.
Per Serving: 208 calories; 9.2 21.6 13.8 0 624 Full nutrition